Mott Haven Academy Charter School (Haven Academy) is seeking new hires dedicated to progressive teaching practices and providing high quality educational opportunities to underserved communities. Our pioneering educational model combines rigorous, college preparatory instruction with on-site social-emotional supports for our unique population of general community and child welfare students.
Our outstanding educators are provided with unmatched opportunities for rewarding professional growth, are committed to using data to improve student results, possess exceptional professionalism, and embrace our school’s belief that all students, regardless of economic status or family structure, are entitled to learn in a system that gives them the best chance for success.
Join our team as we pave the way for children in foster care in our groundbreaking academic program.
Located just two stops from Manhattan in the Mott Haven section of the South Bronx, our unique educational model combines rigorous, data-driven instruction with a variety of on-site social-emotional supports for our distinctive population of general community and child welfare students. Haven Academy is expanding to middle school grades with a target launch date of the 2017-2018 school year. We plan to add one grade per year until we reach full capacity at grade 8. In preparation for this expansion, we are seeking an Instructional Technology Coach. This role included planning time in July and August for our Fall 2017 opening.
Hired by, reports to, and evaluated by Head Chef and Principal
The job of Kitchen Assistant/Dishwasher at Haven Academy is providing support to the food service activities with specific responsibilities for maintaining facilities in a safe and sanitary condition preparing; serving food items to students and/or school personnel; verifying quality of food and supplies.
- Knife Skills
- Cleans assigned areas and supports the needs of the food service program.
- Carries out duties assigned from other kitchen team members in support of daily meal preparation.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Encourage students’ positive interactions with other students and adults
- Value and promote peaceful conflict resolution and creative and authentic problem solving; Uphold the school’s System of Logical Consequences; Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management
- Keep an organized workspace
- Stay current with regard to health and cooking literature
- Participate in developing and meeting the goals of an individualized professional development plan
- Uphold and promote the school’s mission and vision
- Perform other duties as needed to support the ongoing development of Haven Academy